Yoga gently leads you into a joyous fusion between mind, body, and spirit.
Hot Yoga will be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in health, fitness, and general well being. The great thing about Hot Yoga is it’s suitability for both new and highly experienced practitioners. People of all ages and fitness levels are discovering and falling in love with Hot Yoga. Interested? Then hop into your training gear and join the many happy and liberated souls who have uncovered the benefits of this new trend. Will you get sweaty? Definitely. Will you get addicted? Quite probably!
What exactly is Hot Yoga?
Very simply Hot Yoga is a set of yoga poses that are executed in a humid environment. Normal temperatures at a Hot Yoga class will be somewhere between 75-105 Degrees. The warmer temperature gives you a number of benefits. You will be able to:
- Perform deeper and more intense stretches with a much smaller risk of injury.
- Clear your body of toxins and other impurities via sweat.
Classes normally run for about 60-90 minutes and involve both a standing and mat series of poses. The standing series focuses on balance, strength, and general endurance. The mat poses are there to help you improve your stretching and all round flexibility.
What should you wear to class?
Because of the temperature it’s best to wear lighter clothing. If you can find something that dries quickly or is anti-sweat it would be ideal. Quite often men in the group will go shirtless with shorts, and ladies tend to wear tank tops with sorts, or other light weight specialist yoga wear.
What should you bring with you?
The main things you’ll need to bring to class are:
A yoga mat
Although it’s optional it might be worth bringing a change of clothes with you so you don’t have to leave the gym in sweaty clothes.
What we ultimately want is for everyone to leave feeling joyous and at peace. Even if only for a short time. Our aim is to help you enhance the quality of your life and experiences through the practice of Hot Yoga.
What are the benefits of Hot Yoga?
There are many benefits of Hot Yoga. Yoga is proven to have lasting effects for both body and mind. Those that practice Yoga over a continued period of time will enjoy deeper and longer lasting effects. Even taking one Hot Yoga class will leave you feeling refreshed, invigorated, and rejuvenated, and the feeling of exhilaration is unrivalled.
Other benefits include:
- Muscle tone/strength
- Weight loss
- Appetite control
- Improved posture
- Improved digestion
- Relief of anxiety symptoms
Additional Hot Yoga Tips
- Make sure you drink plenty of water before you get to the studio. Ideally you should be aiming for 1-2l throughout the day.
- To avoid feeling nauseas avoid eating 3 hours before class.
- When you arrive into the studio be as quiet as possible. Take time to enjoy some private meditation.
- Be respectful of those who may suffer from allergies by avoiding the use of perfumes or other scented products.
- If at any point you begin to feel sick or dizzy stop practice and lay down on your Yoga mat. Try to relax until you feel better.
- Relax, take deep breaths, and most importantly enjoy your class!